The last time that Uranus was in Aries was between 1927 and 1935 and these were some of the most turbulent and difficult years in history. This time, Uranus is in Aries from March 2011 until 2019 and as astrology is the study of cycles, you can expect huge world changes during this period on a global level and on a personal level.
With Uranus in Aries, you can expect events to happen quickly, violently and without warning. The Middle East is a time bomb and I predict that the US will be involved in a war in the Middle East in the months to come. The whole area is volatile, and although other countries in the region have different kinds of rulerships and governments, there is a great feeling of unrest and anger at the powers that be. Other Middle Eastern countries are wondering if they can do the same thing as Egypt. The schism between the haves and the have nots is growing larger, unemployment amongst the young people is at record highs and this can only lead to more and more people coming together to revolt against the status quo.
In Egypt, weve seen the internet being closed down altogether, the stock market closed, banks closed, financial entities have been unable to function, shipping routes have been threatened, even the Suez Canal may be closed. The knock on effects of these events could threaten trade and stability around the world.
This in turn affects us personally because the price of oil, which I predicted would skyrocket, (especially as Jupiter is conjunct to Uranus which tends to cause bubbles and sudden increases,) is already at a 28 month high and is likely to continue to rise in price. Inflation is already breaking out of acceptable boundaries, and savers are seeing their assets dwindling to nothing. Remember what happened in 2008 and Icelands economy all but collapsed in a matter of a few days? People who had spent a lifetime saving money found that their life savings were virtually worthless. With the configuration of the planets right now and the waning square of Pluto to Uranus for the next five years, expect to see collapsing economies and governments in many more countries around the world. This could even extend to the US and the UK as their indebtedness grows exponentially. Many European countries are on the verge of bankruptcy and most of the states in America are all but bankrupt.
How does all this affect you?
Here are some likely scenarios:
- The cost of gas will increase
- The cost of food and essential supplies will go up
- There will be shortages and possibly rationing
- Water may be in short supply or may be contaminated
- Changing weather patterns may result in your having to leave your home and/or even your city or country
- Cuts in electric power where you may have no heating, no lighting, no cooking facilities, no computers, no internet
- Banks may close and you may not be able to access your money and you may not get paid
I also predicted that with Pluto in Capricorn square to Uranus in Aries and Neptune going into Pisces in April that we would see more natural disasters than ever before and severe weather patterns worldwide, in particular issues with flooding. This too has been happening.
In Queensland, the press called the floods biblical in nature where entire places were wiped out in a matter of hours or days. Now, at the time of writing, Cyclone Yasi has hit Cairns in Australia. It was rated a maximum strength category five storm and drew comparisons with Hurricane Katrina. Thousands have been evacuated from their homes and over 170,000 people are without power right now.
Brutal weather is currently hitting over one third of the US and the MidWest has been paralysed by a giant snowstorm which has disrupted travel and communications. The UK had its coldest winter in decades, the Philippines are having heavy destructive rains. The list goes on and this is just the start.
What can you do?
- Get some physical gold and silver as insurance against a breakdown of the world economy
- Have 3-6 months expenses in cash on hand (not in a bank)
- Have at least a 3 month supply of food dried goods, tinned goods, dehydrated foods
- Store paper goods as the supermarket shelves may be empty in the likely event of a fuel crisis
- Store at least a 3 month supply of water
- Get your health fixed up while services are still available
- Stock up on any medicines or drugs that you need
- Look into energy alternatives. Consider getting a backup system for your electricity and try to become less dependent on the grid. For example: deep cycle batteries, solar power, a small generator
Check out my Book: Handbook For Surviving The Global Financial Crisis which is available on www.amazon.com or on my website: www.yourastrologysigns.com as a pdf download for just USD$ 5.00 or as a hard copy for USD$ 6.84 plus shipping.
Barbara Goldsmith has been a professional astrologer for over 30 years. She gives personal readings to people around the world. Her free monthly forecasts on You Tube have a wide following. Author of : Astrology Made Easy, The Elements – Physical and Metaphysical Astrology, Handbook for Surviving the Global Financial Crisis. Her website is: